Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Time to learn oyu guys: Laura




What can I say? Learning here a the institute is not the same as at the high school, it's actually interesting here, you learn things that you can actually apply during daily bases. For example we have learned about developing relationships, understanding your own potential and other people's too. These are only some of the things that we have learn, but as you can see you can apply these things during your day while talking to some body or working with some body. It's hard if you think about it but if you put effort in to it you can catch on and understand about what these things mean in life.


We read a story about how a person when out in search of leading people, but he can across someone much smarter then him so he thought he should fallow that person instead. Eventually he got tiered and thought that if he showed other what he knew they would fallow him, so he did and for his surprise no one fallowed or even listen. He felt confused and didn't know what to do, he thought that he was doing well and that he was the best. Until one day we approached a group of people trying to work hard on something as a group so he decided to help them out. He had not noticed that he was having fun and felt good about him self for what he had done, but he was still confused about why no one thought of him as a leader. Well he asked one of the people that were there and their response was "If you let go of your self a bit and for get about just your self, and work with others people then see you as a leader. A leader is some one that cares about others and doesn't expect something out of everything they do".


This story truly made me think about what I have done in the past when it comes to me leading a group. I recognise that I had times in which I was not thinking like a leader but other in which I was. So now every time I'm in a group I try really hard to help others, be nice, make them feel like part of the group and anything in between that I can do. I truly enjoy being here and hope to learn more and take it home with me to apply in my daily life if possible

No comments:

Post a Comment